1. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
If you have any questions in relation to this policy or generally how your personal data is processed by us please contact our [Marketing Team] by letter addressed to: [Unit C, Quedgeley West Business Park, Bristol Road, Gloucester GL2 4PA] or by email at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
This policy applies to any personal data that we collect about you when you:
- visit our website [ www.windowwidgets.co.uk] (our “websites“);
- create an account on our websites;
- place an order to buy goods from us;
- register a guarantee for goods with us;
- request information from us;
- request brochures or other materials from our website;
- contact us directly;
- provide your details to us at a trade show;
- attend one of our showrooms;
- participate in one of our e-campaigns;
- apply for a job with us;
- supply goods and/or services to us
2. WHO ARE WE?
We are a controller of your information which means that we are responsible for looking after it. We will use your personal data fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner, and in accordance with the Data Protection Laws.
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We collect your name and contact details (including your address, telephone number, and e-mail address) when you register to use our websites or request information, [www.windowwidgets.co.uk].
Each time you visit our websites we may also automatically collect information and personal data about your computer for system administration including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. We do this to help us analyse how users use the websites (including behaviour patterns and the tracking of visits across multiple devices), to establish more about our website users and to assist us in managing your account and improving your online experience. Please see our cookies policy for further information about what information may be automatically collected when you visit our websites [www.windowwidgets.co.uk/privacy-policy/].
Please note that we may combine personal data we receive from other sources with personal data you give to us and personal data we collect about you.
4. WHERE DO WE GET THIS INFORMATION FROM?
We collect some of your information directly from you, either through information that you give to us or information that we collect during your visits to our website or through your communications with us.
|Information that you give us||You may share personal data about yourself and your circumstances by:
You are not obliged to provide your personal data to us. However, if you do not provide your personal data to us, we may not be able to provide goods, services and/or information to you, respond to your queries, allow you onto our sites, or process your job application.
|Information that we collect about you||We collect personal data about you:
|Information that we receive from other sources||
We may receive personal data about you from other third parties, including:
5. WHY DO WE NEED YOUR INFORMATION?
The main purpose for which we use your information is to provide you with the information, goods and services that you request from us.
We also use your information:
- to provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you. We may, on occasion and, where appropriate where you have consented, send you marketing information by email or post. This can include notifications about the launch of new goods, services, competitions, offers or other relevant news articles that you might find interesting. You have the right to object to receiving marketing or to remove your consent to marketing (as applicable) at any time. If you would like to stop receiving such information from us, please click on the “unsubscribe” link in any such emails that we send to you, or use the contact details at the beginning of this policy;
- for research about our customers’ behaviour and our products and services generally;
- to develop and improve our services;
- to administer and improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner;
- to notify you about changes to our goods and services;
- to provide customer support;
- to review your CV and suitability for a role;
- as part of our efforts to keep our showrooms safe and secure (for example through the use of CCTV on our sites); and
- to receive services from you where you are, or work for, one of our suppliers.
5.1. Basis for using your information
Necessary for the entry into or performance of a contract
When you enter into a transaction with us, a contract between you and us will have been entered into. In order for us to fulfil our obligations under such contract (e.g. to allow you to place an order for goods or services), we will need to collect, process and share (as further detailed below) your personal information. Failure to provide the requisite personal information when placing your order and financial information on entering into the transaction or objecting to this type of processing / exercising your deletion rights will, unfortunately, mean we cannot provide our goods and/or services to you.
Legitimate business interests
- provide you with requested support
- provide you with goods and services as requested by you;
- carry out research to understand our customers and how they use our products and services; and
- develop and improve our services to you and to our other customers.
As indicated below, we may also pass your personal data to members of our group and other third parties and this is also for our legitimate business interests.
We are required to carry out a balancing test of our legitimate business interests in using your personal data outlined above against your interests and rights under the Data Protection Laws. As a result of our balancing test, which is detailed below, we have determined, acting reasonably and considering the circumstances, that we are able to process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Laws on the basis that we have a legitimate business interest.
|Legitimate interest||We have a legitimate interest in processing your information as:
|Impact of processing||We consider that it is reasonable for us to process your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests outlined above as the processing of your personal data does not unreasonably intrude on your privacy.|
Where you are engaging with us as an individual consumer, we may, on occasion, send you marketing messages by email and post about us and our goods and offers where you have not unsubscribed and where you have purchased similar goods or services from us, or where you have otherwise consented.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to processing of this nature at any time.
6. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We may also use a number of carefully selected third parties to supply us with products and services, such as legal advice, credit checks, insurance and escrow services. We will only share your information with these suppliers where it is necessary for them to provide us with the services we need.
7. WHERE IS YOUR INFORMATION STORED AND HOW LONG DO WE KEEP IT FOR?
7.1 Retention of your personal data
We will typically keep your personal data for a maximum of 1 year from the completion of your order or closure of your account with us in order to enable us to deal with any issues or concerns you may have about how we handled your order or account, and also to allow us to bring or defend legal proceedings. In some circumstances, some of your data will be deleted in much shorter timescales, for example:
- call recordings are kept for a maximum of 3 months from the date of recording;
- recruitment and interview records for unsuccessful candidates are kept for 1 months after the start date of the successful candidate;
- cookies are refreshed in accordance with our cookies policy www.windowwidgets.co.uk/privacy-policy/
7.2 Security of your personal data
All of our employees are familiar with our security policy and practices. Your information is only accessible to a limited number of qualified employees who are given a password in order to gain access to the information. We audit our security systems and processes on a regular basis. Sensitive information, such as credit card numbers or social security numbers, is protected by encryption protocols, in place to protect information sent over the internet.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
In some instances, we may be unable to carry out your request, in which case we will write to you to explain why.
|1. You have the right to request access to your personal data||You have the right to request confirmation that your personal data is being processed, access to your personal data (through us providing a copy) and other information about how we process your personal data.|
|2. You have the right to ask us to rectify your personal data||You have the right to request that we rectify your personal data if it is not accurate or not complete.|
|3. You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data||You have the right to ask us to erase or delete your personal data where there is no reason for us to continue to process your personal data. This right would apply if we no longer need to use your personal data to provide goods or services to you, where you withdraw your consent for us to send you marketing materials (where applicable), or where you object to the way we process your personal data (see right 6 below).|
|4. You have the right to ask us to restrict or block the processing of your personal data||You have the right to ask us to restrict or block the processing of your personal data that we hold about you. This right applies where you believe the personal data is not accurate, you would rather we block the processing of your personal data rather than erase your personal data, where we don’t need to use your personal data for the purpose we collected it for but you may require it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.|
|5. You have the right to port your personal data||You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data from us to reuse for your own purposes across different services. This allows you to move personal data easily to another organisation, or to request us to do this for you.|
|6. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data||You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on the basis of our legitimate business interests, unless we are able to demonstrate that, on balance, our legitimate interests override your rights or we need to continue processing your personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.|
|7. You have the right not to be subject to automated decisions||You have the right to object to any automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision has a legal or significant impact on you.|
|8. You have the right to withdraw your consent||You have the right to withdraw your consent where we are relying on it to use your personal data.|
9. WHAT IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT?
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF www.ico.org.uk.
10. SOLE TRADERS, PARTNERSHIPS AND BUSINESSES
11. OTHER WEBSITES
Our websites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or your use of those websites.